There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays! {Christmas Home Tour – 2013}

Y’all, I actually have my house decorated AND it’s clean at the same time and it’s not Christmas Eve yet! πŸ™‚ I’m making it in time to post my house tour and link up to a couple of parties featuring other house tours and Christmas decor. I’ll be linking up at The Nester,Β Stone Gable,Β Savvy Southern Style, Β Evolution of Style, and French Country Cottage.

We’ll start at the front door….I actually didn’t take any great pictures of the outside yet on my good camera, so these first 3 are from Instagram.
We got an ice storm a couple of weeks ago, so that white stuff is ice, not snow.
Santa will greet you as you walk up the steps!
My husband’s son, Andre (I call him Stepchild, he calls me Stepmomma) :), put our lights up a few nights ago. He does this for us every year!

So, come on in and see the house!

I’ll start in the living room….This is your view when you walk through the door.

And just for fun….Here’s a before pic of our living room:

I finally made one of those pretty sheet music wreaths last week!

It’s all about Jesus!

Another before pic:

Here’s an Instagram night view with a cozy fire in the fireplace.

See those toys at the side…? πŸ™‚ I couldn’t move everything out of the way. We live here fo real!

Now on to the dining room….

I’ve been crafty lately…I made that pom-pom garland. Super easy and cute and the kids love to play with it! Of course, I have one that’s completely tangled for that very reason.

Next up is the kitchen. I didn’t do too much and I can’t show you the whole kitchen because I’m waiting for a big reveal here on the blog after it’s completely finished! πŸ™‚

Ignore the unfinished brick backsplash. Yes, it’s real brick and we like it so much, we’re thinking of doing the whole wall on that side of the kitchen! Oh – and Hubby built the vent hood cover and made it to match the cabinets all by himself! Isn’t he handy? πŸ˜‰

Last stop will be our bedroom, which I don’t think I’ve ever shown on the blog (except before we moved in). It’s not finished, I still have several things in mind, but it’s show-able. πŸ˜‰

Here’s a before pic to refresh your memory:

This room is a lot more subdued than the rest of the house. I (think) I like it this way…

Well, that’s it for this little tour. I hope you enjoyed it! I certainly enjoyed the decorating!

til the next time,
kassie

22 Comments

• Leslie Harris

December 17, 2013

You have a beautiful home, I can't wait to see the kitchen reveal!

• Clotee

December 17, 2013

It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

Regards,
    Clotee

• Karen Prince

December 17, 2013

Kassie, I love your style of decorating! Beautiful home and beautiful family!! And of course I love the Nester too!

• Christina

December 17, 2013

Simply BEAUTIFUL! I just love you house and the brightness of every room. You just have a way of making things come together that some of us can't get past thinking on, lol!

• Kassie

December 17, 2013

Thank you, Clotee!

• Kassie

December 17, 2013

Thank you! That's a lot coming from you because you have a beautiful home! πŸ™‚

• Kassie

December 17, 2013

Aww, thanks, Christina! That's so sweet! Just wish I could keep it this clean! πŸ˜‰ Your home is lovely, too. πŸ™‚

• Clarita

December 17, 2013

Just lovely! The bright touches are so fun and festive – so well done! It's a home that isn't only beautiful, but also inviting. And you have absolutely transformed that place!!

• Julie Hartman Photography

December 18, 2013

Such a charming house Kassie! If I'd have walked in at the "before", I would have run out screaming! The transformation is amazing. You are so talented! Merry Christmas!

• Cassie @ Primitive & Proper

December 19, 2013

such a cozy home! i love the pom poms on the piano!

• Kassie

December 19, 2013

Thank you, Clarita! Those compliments mean a lot because I LOVE LOVE your home! As you know very well, it's a lot of hard work to renovate a home, but it's fun and rewarding, too!

• Kassie

December 19, 2013

Haha! Thanks you, Julie. The house really wasn't in bad shape. It just needed updating…and yes, we have come a long way! Merry Christmas to you, too!

• The Baby Giraffe

December 20, 2013

i love the victorian feel of your home. and the bedroom is amazing!!!

• Lisa Rozario

December 20, 2013

Lovely home! I like the Nativity set, the decorated piano and all your colorful ornaments. Lights outside look great, too. By the way, I love the name of your blog πŸ™‚

• Jenny

December 21, 2013

I can't believe the transformation! So lovely! Your fireplace is spectacular, and I'm going to have to give the Pom Pom garland a try. And your bedroom is a true sanctuary!

• Lisa @ Shine Your Light

December 21, 2013

Oh how pretty your home is!!!! I especially love the peeks of your befores – this is my first time visiting your blog and it's so fun to see how you have made your house a home! I hope you and your family enjoy it this Christmas season!

• Kris @ Driven by DΓ©cor

December 21, 2013

Your mantel is one of my favorite of the season – so classic! And I love what you did with your drapery rods in your bedroom. I've never put any holiday decorations in our bedroom but it would make me happy to wake up to the simple decorations you used every morning! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

• pam {simple details}

December 22, 2013

Your home is beautiful, Kassie! That ice even looks pretty in the pictures. πŸ™‚ Your tree is gorgeous and I love the two smaller ones in your dining room! So fun to see the before photos, your hardwood makes such a huge difference! Enjoy your festive decor and Merry Christmas to your and family!

• Kassie

December 23, 2013

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

• Kassie

December 23, 2013

Thank you, Lisa! My piano is one of my favorite (and cheapest) pieces of furniture in my house! And I'm glad you like the blog name. πŸ™‚ Merry Christmas!

• Miss Kitty

December 27, 2013

Thanks for the tour, Kassie! Your home looks just lovely with all of your tasteful Christmas decorating! Can't wait to see your kitchen reveal too.

• Lindsey